[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSD, vf_expand, problems...

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Mon May 3 16:30:19 CEST 2004

Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> 1) W/o it, in YV12, I have no subtitles, no progress bar,
>    and the counter flicker in both the top and bottom
>    black bars.

Apparently the same with -vo xv on linux/x86,
so maybe it's not vo_quartz.

One symptom is that draw_alpha_yv12() inside
vf_expand.c:draw_func() is called with a value of
vf->dmpi->planes[0] that changes, while the other
parameters used to build the destination pointer
remain the same. vf->dmpi->planes[0] has exactly
3 values, one of which appears twice as often as
the two others - interlaced, in fact.

 From here I'm stuck. I don't see vf->dmpi->planes[0]
being changed anywhere except in get_image()...

> 2) W/ it, in YV12 (yes, the same), the pictures is a solid
>    green (guess I've something wrong in draw_slice or
>    draw_frame...)
>    (checking more: on an x86 linux PC w/ -vo xv, the picture
>    is solid grey... maybe it ain't my fault :-)

OK, on linux/x86, the solid gray appears only w/o expand,
with expand it works fine. OTOH, If I only expand,
the left and right bars are solid grey (the same grey :-).

--
Romain Dolbeau