[MPlayer-dev-eng] The best (YUV-enabled) vo_quartz settings :-)

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Mon May 3 14:24:10 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> -monitoraspect specifies the PHYSICAL dimensions of the screen, not
> the number of pixels. The default for monitoraspect is always 4/3
> because it can't be reliably obtained from most vo's.

I think a more reasonable default would be to assume
square pixels, which is usually true (only brain-damaged
resolution like 1280*1024 or 1152*900 on a 4/3 monitor
would fail), and to default monitoraspect to the resolution.

Most monitors used to be 4/3, but they're losing ground
fast to widescreen CRT monitors/TVs/laptop screens.
And a 4/3 monitor sould use a 4/3 resolution (I had
1280*960 for years, worked beautifully, and there's nothing
wrong with 1152*864).

--
Romain Dolbeau