[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSD, vf_expand, problems...

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Mon May 3 13:57:25 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I have a problem with mixing vo_quartz, OSD and the
expand filter.

If I _don't_ expand the picture, all OSD are at the top
of the picture (in YUV - in RGB they're fine). Progress
bar and timer are in the top-felt corner, subtitles
are on top. Is my use of drwa_alpha_* wrong ?

If I _do_ expand the pictures (to match my 3:2 monitor
resolution), it depends wether I've put a format filter:

1) W/o it, in YV12, I have no subtitles, no progress bar,
    and the counter flicker in both the top and bottom
    black bars.

2) W/ it, in YV12 (yes, the same), the pictures is a solid
    green (guess I've something wrong in draw_slice or
    draw_frame...)
    (checking more: on an x86 linux PC w/ -vo xv, the picture
    is solid grey... maybe it ain't my fault :-)

3) W/ it, in UYVY or YUY2, it works as I want: progress
    bar in the middle, counter in the top "black" bar,
    subtitles in the bottom "black" bar. Except the "black"
    bars are a solid green ! Is that an endianess problem ?
    (x86 PC is fine).

--
Romain Dolbeau