[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ftp support broke in pre4?

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sun May 2 17:37:59 CEST 2004

On 2004.05.02 03:12, adland wrote:

> my test patch for this issue was different
>
> your patch for some reason playback did not start
>
> I will run some more tests.
Please recheck you patch, looks like connection takes place via http
(both samples are also reachable via http).

With my patch i got the same behaviour as pre3:

Some files (i tested asf and rm) played ok, but connection is aborted
and restored at the beginning

the fli from mphq requires some cache (-cache 64 is enough, didn't test
lower values) else it hangs at demuxer detection beaceuse of out of
range seeks

The ogg link requires a big cache (larger than the file), else some
seek will fail

so if noone else have better solutions, i'll apply my patch to restore
pre3 functionality.

Ciao,
 Roberto