[MPlayer-dev-eng] Incompatibility between codec and video output ? (vo_quartz and libmpeg2)

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Sat May 1 13:31:00 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the YUV support in vo_quartz:
it doesn't work with libmpeg2 ! The exact same file, of type:

#####
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  480x576  (aspect 2)  25.000 fps  2500.0 kbps (312.5 kbyte/s)
#####

will play fine when decoded by libmpeg2 with any driver
except vo_quartz (well in RGB it works...). vo_quartz
gives solid green (so the YUV data is all 0, right ?).
But if I force to try ffmpeg first via "-vfm ffmpeg,",
then it works perfectly.

(checks some more)

Actually, it's only YV12 that cause problem ; forcing
one the packed format also gives good result. The difference
in vo_quartz is that planar YUV uses VOCTRL_GET_IMAGE
and VOCTRL_DRAW_IMAGE. Could that be the problem ?

TIA

--
Romain Dolbeau