[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: OpenDML Read/Write support

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Tue Mar 23 12:31:03 CET 2004

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> You can't count. They are 3 ;)

I did count the option pair as one, yes. :-)

> We don't skip aspect reading for other containers that have
> aspect info. There is no (yet) reason to do this for avi.
> There is no reason not to write aspect info in avi, if
> we know the aspect.
> Are there options to disable OpenDML support?

No, currently not.  OpenDML indices are only written for file >1GB
though, but if an OpenDML index is present in a file it is always
preferred over the 'old' avi index even if the file is small.

I have no problem with leaving out the enable/disable part.

> I'm afraid that you took dalias words literally.
> He mostly mean that you should have take the aspect
> from the end of video system, not that the only
> way to do it is to read if directly from vf.

Adding aspect code to every encoder is of course an option, I was just
thinking that it would be nicer if you don't have to include redundant
code into each.

> DEMUXER SHOULD NOT MESS WITH VIDEO FILTERS!
> Unless there is a very,very good reason.
> What don't you understand with this?

I agree to that.  I only did it to keep the patch simple.

> Read the DOCS/tech/.
> They are only hints! All vo_outputs have explict check for 0.
> It is a legacy that may have been nearly fixed, but...

Well, I guess you have me convinced that it would be better your way.

> Sorry if i'm a little jumpy.

No problem.  I think I can handle a little flaming. :-)

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!