[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: OpenDML Read/Write support

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Mon Mar 22 19:45:44 CET 2004

Tobias Diedrich said:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>> NOTE: should be handled a bit differently in the man page so that it
>> looks
>> consistent.  Have a look at other NOTE: sections and just do copy +
>> paste.
>
> Fixed.
> The attached patch also includes a -forceaviaspect option to be used
> with -ovc copy.
>
> --
> Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
> Be vigilant!

OMG,
What a mess!
I was too humble, saying my patch is not good enough.
BTW Your patch is rejected.

1.
Sorry but I'm really getting confused.
You had added a numerous options about avi aspect.

AFAIK mplayer override container aspect with aspect from the stream.
This mean that avi aspect will be used (by mplayer) only for formats
that do not have their own aspects (MPEG have)

This will make (no)useaviaspect options obsolate.

"forceaviaspect" should be "aviaspect" with default value -1.0
If it is not set the value that encoder calculate will be
encoded into the avi. If encoder doesn't calculate
aspect then avi won't have aspect info.

Don't forget that avi is not the only container that we support.

2.
About patch:

I accept the mencoder change, probably it could be
reversed in the cvs.

You have messed really badly the video filter system
And you have done it for nothing.
In the way you make it you can easly break not only aspect.
d_width/d_height could have valid value of 0 (zero) that
meen original width/heigh is used.

More over, if the way you had implemented it, you would get
always the d_widht/d_height of the first filter!!!

Even if you get the one from the last filter this would be
bogus because as I said the last one is video encoder (ve_)!

lavc aspect exsist for a reason. It is not guarantieed that
all video filters could hanlde aspect correctly.

The aspect from container (avi) should be the same as the one
in the stream. How your patch garantee that!

What the hell is muxer->def_v->source? And why you store
one aspect info there and not another??????????!

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive