[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: OpenDML Read/Write support

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Mon Mar 22 12:33:28 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> > you'd have to look at the video dimensions at the filter chain's end of
> > course.  The current situation where it is specified in -lavcopts is
> > not quite right IMHO.
>
> See -lavcopts autoaspect.

Ok, the problem I see here is that d_width and d_height are only passed on
as parameters in vf_next_config.
I'd propose to add d_width and d_height fields to struct vf_instance_s
and let vf_next_config set them.
Then either the muxer can walk the filter chain and use the values from
the last filter or we take the final values and store them in
sh_video_t, so the muxer wouldn't have to know about video filters.

Then add a big fat warning to ve_lavc if -lavcopts aspect is used
instead of autoaspect.

I'm going to grab something to eat now and write a patch after that.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!