[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Should I write Voodoo Banshee VIDIX driver?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Mar 22 10:11:42 CET 2004

Hi Torinthiel,

on Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:39:22 +0100 you wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:44:56PM -0800, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> > Oh, yes - I check wheter something is 4 bytes aligned this way:
> >
> > if ((something & ~0x3) != something) it's not 4 bytes aligned
>
> This is strange for me. Like this i.e 7 is not 4 bytes aligned but 8 is
> ;)

Since when is 7 4 bytes aligned ?

> I think you've ment if ((&something & ~0x3) != &something)

I don't think bcs here (the var) something is most probably an addresse
relative to the framebuffer (ie. an offset from the start of the video mem).
This would then tell you if the local variable you are using for storing
that value is aligned :)

	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.