[MPlayer-dev-eng] source level debugging in insight?

Jim Hauxwell james at dattrax.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 21:06:50 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm running on an Intel platform under cygwin, and want to perform source
level debugging in mplayer.  When I configure to -enable-debug=1  I still
get -O2, which is too high to set individual lines as breakpoints in insight
or gdb for that matter.  When I remove the -O2 I get the following message
on compile

can't find a register in class `GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'

Has anyone successfully managed to do this?  Am I missing something?

Jim