[MPlayer-dev-eng] ALTIVEC accelerated YUV2RGB

Marc Hoffman mmh at pleasantst.com
Tue Mar 16 01:59:50 CET 2004

On Mar 15, 2004, at 10:24 AM, Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> Marc Hoffman wrote:
>
>> I hope that this meets more of the needs of this group.
>> I still kick out and defer to C codes to handle the border cases img
>> sizes not multiples of 16.  I will work on that next weekend.
>
> I have a problem. I tried your patch w/ the experimental
> vo_quartz that was posted a while ago, and I see a
> distinctive yellow tint on the entire picture. Something
> is definitely wrong here (w/o you patch, the movie displays
> just fine).

Can you send me the patch vo_quartz I will try it asap and fix it.
Also note that it sounds like R and B are swapped so it could be a
disconnect associated with that.  I have noticed some very strange
things associated with the u/v getting swapped around in the C version
for certain formats.

I do need to dig into the SWSCALE code some more it seems that software
scaling needs to be coupled more directly to the optimized RGB
conversion.