[MPlayer-dev-eng] advanced deinterlacer

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Mar 13 05:14:02 CET 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:52:18PM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > i tried all available deinterlacers on a tv show scene where a guy is
> > heavily gesticulating - _all_ failed, more or less horribly.
> >
> Just to be sure, the source video isn't telecined, is it?

#define telecined
the purely technical definition of the term does not apply; i was
talking about a tv show, not a movie or an unspecified programme.

> Either way, it would be nice for us to be able to take a look at the
> source clip. Can you post it on some publicly available server?

nope, neither would i post a 400 mb raw video nor do i still have it.
i don't consider recording a snippet from some talkshow a major problem
for anybody (with a tv card), though. i'm sure somebody from the project
can do it; the implementor will probably need access to lots of test
samples anyway.

greetings