[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mencoder HEAD: tv audio recording broken?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 14:17:51 CET 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:02:25PM +0100, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >fwiw, i'm amazed by the amount of attention this (pretty serious to
> >those affected) problem is getting ...
>
> What kind of card and driver are you using?

the usual linux es1371 oss driver with a soundblaster 128 pci.

> If you are sure that the card driver is really broken, you should
> probably bug the driver maintainer, not us. The solution you proposed
> is an ugly hack.

looking at the driver, i think the the card is at fault (having a base
clock of 48000 << 15); it's not the first one. i'm not sure whether
other drivers mask away this problem - if not, some hack is necessary
anyway.

independently from this i'd like to hear some comments about the liblame
issue. it's plainly inacceptable that identifying the above problem took
me a lot of time despite being a programmer.

greetings