[MPlayer-dev-eng] optimized colorspace for ALTIVEC enabled platforms

Marc Hoffman mmh at pleasantst.com
Thu Mar 11 03:09:14 CET 2004

On Mar 10, 2004, at 1:12 PM, Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> Marc Hoffman wrote:
>> I would like to submit my patch for postproc.
>
> Your patch assume that if HAVE_ALTIVEC is enabled,
> then you can run your altivec code. This is wrong,
> as you with RUNTIME_CPUDETECT you may have an
> altivec-enabled binary running on a non-AltiVec
> CPU. That's what the parameter "flags" is for.
>
> Unfortunately ATM there's no SWS_CPU_CAPS_ALTIVEC,
> and it's not added in vf_scale. I have a patch
> to fix all that, but I haven't submitted it yet.
>
> --
> Romain Dolbeau

So I guess i won't get the opportunity to work on video scaling next,
hehe.  Well excellent, you got that covered.  We probably might want to
think about how the two modules can work together, it appears that the
capabilites are tightly coupled in the postproc module.  If you have
any ideas shoot them at me.  I've been playing with someother formats
currently not supported by my patch and just added them in and realized
that the current structure is a maintenance nightmare.  So I'm thinking
about how to best structure the core algorithm so that we can reuse it
with multiple output and input formats a bit better.