[MPlayer-dev-eng] Use of memcpy with overlapping memory instead of memmove

rgselk rgselknospam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 15:24:38 CET 2004

FYI,

While I was editing mencoder.c I saw a few memcpy's with potential
overlapping source and destination.

line 304:
memcpy(sh_audio->a_out_buffer,&sh_audio->a_out_buffer[len],sh_audio->a_out_buffer_len);

line 1208:
memcpy(mux_a->buffer,mux_a->buffer+len,mux_a->buffer_len);

$ find . -name '*.[ch]' | xargs grep memcpy
showed also a few in libavcodec: a52dec.c, ac3dec.c

I did not do a full search. People trying to find corruptions should
have a look for this errors as well.

Regards,
  rgselk.