[MPlayer-dev-eng] optimized color space implementation?

Mon Mar 8 10:22:39 CET 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, D Richard Felker III wrote:

DRFI>> And can i assume an even number of scanlines as well?
DRFI>
DRFI>IMO you should be able to assume this since 4:2:0 with an odd number
DRFI>of scanlines makes absolutely no sense.....but I dunno if it's
DRFI>acceptable for ffmpeg. But if you take the approach I suggested above
DRFI>it shouldn't matter.

Haven't you seen divx'es with odd number of scanlines? They are pain in
ass when it comes to postprocessing in windows. Combination of ffdshow +
avisynth gives destroyed picture in this case. Hope mplayer won't behave
this way (it works OK now, but I haven't tested all the filters)...

--

Vladimir