[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.5 OT: watching specific files via CVS

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 18:15:17 CET 2004

Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> * Paul TT <paultt at hackerjournal.it> [2004-03-02 17:37:35 +0100]:
>
> <snip>
>
>> cvs itself does that. rerun configure with yr options and you're
>> ok, IMHO if you look at the output of cvs when it's updating, it
>> tells you changed/updated files PTT.
>
> hmm... I just want to know if configure has been changed ... how to
> do this ?

cvs update | grep ^P\ configure

should I think do what you want; if configure was changed, it should
return the line "P configure", and if not it should return nothing.

If you edit configure locally and the changes don't get committed,
replace the P with an M. There's no guarantee that the script won't be
broken by cvs's attempt to merge the changes, though.

--
       The Wanderer