[MPlayer-dev-eng] Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jun 29 10:51:55 CEST 2004

Marc Röttig writes:
> Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"
>
> You can find the survey-form at
>
>                      http://foss.ta-altensteig.de/

Nice try, but this survey could still be improved.  You mix up the
concept of commercial and proprietary software.  This is bad.  May I
suggest you to read

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#ProprietarySoftware

(again)?  Especially the sections

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#ProprietarySoftware
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#commercialSoftware

Fix your survey and I will fill it out.

I also suggest adding under

7. Major Reasons for joining a F/OSS project. I joined because (or
partly because) ...

[ ] I wanted to give something back to the project/community after
    getting so much from the project/community.

Maybe you can make that two options.

Diego