[MPlayer-dev-eng] Trouble with resizing

Elisa Zhang elisawz818 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 22:13:04 CEST 2004

Hey, everyone. I am new to mplayer and all linux
stuff. I was currently doing a program to try to embed
mplayer into QT widgets. Here are some of my
questions.
When I resize the mplayer in my QT windows, it start
to flickering. And I tested it just using command line
mplayer, but whenever i resize it, it flickers. I
wonder if there is anything that fix it? Or why did
that happen? My version is 1.0pre4. I did find some
patches online that says it will fix it, but it
doesn't. Maybe my set up is wrong or something?

Second question is where in the mplayer package code
can I obtain the width and height and length
information about the media file. (mp4, avi, and
stream rtsp file in paticular.) I understand that it
must be in one of the decoder section, but after two
days of digging through the code, I still can't find
where it come from. But when mplayer runs it does show
up in the terminals, so it must be there somewhere.

Thank you in advance, I really hope I get an answer.

Yours Truly
Elisa