[MPlayer-dev-eng] [LONG] PSNR comparison, new source and results

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Wed Jun 16 08:48:47 CEST 2004

Matthias Wieser wrote:

> You did record the time each combination of options has taken, didn't you?

I didn't keep them for those. At first , I didn't realize there
would be so much difference in encoding time between options.
I'll probably do a PSNR-to-encoding-speed comparison once
i have pruned out the (seemingly) useless options

> I think the "best of the best" is not as interesting as "nearly the best
> of the best" options with reasonable FPS.

I agree now that I have seen the drop in encoding speed :-(

--
Romain Dolbeau