[MPlayer-dev-eng] comprehensive lavcopts test - in progress.

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Jun 15 15:20:39 CEST 2004

> 1) PSNR ratio to filesize is also very important, not just PSNR
> value, you should provide a difference in filesize as well (if any)

For comparing PSNR ratio vs filesize, I think the only sane way is to
use vqscale encoding, not 2 pass vbitrate encoding.

It is my understanding that if you would compare file size AND psnr,
WHILE using vbitrate 2 pass, all the adjusting of PSNR scores based on
fielsize will just be random ratecontrol deviation noise.

Could someone PLEASE explain this more clearer than I did? Or tell me if
I'm wrong :-)