[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [LONG] new results & bugs report

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Tue Jun 15 08:34:22 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> ARRG@!!!   &#()&%#()&%#()&%#)#%#

is that line noise or a password ? :-)

> If w%16!=0 or h%16!=0 the quality tests are totally bogus and useless.
> All kinds of crazy things can happen with quality when you do
> something so stupid. Try again with sane dimensions (544x224 or better
> yet 640x288).

Why is it stupid ? More importantely, where is it documented
it is stupid ? w%16 I understand, but the code I've worked on
didn't seem to require a specific height, expect for being
even. Also, I've compressed quite a number of files with
non-mutiple of 16 height (and often non-multiple of 4), w/o
any visible problem. What should be the symptoms ?

--
Romain Dolbeau