[MPlayer-dev-eng] Real Audio/Video support for Mac OS X

Donnie Smith xc0bead2d8130df59 at f4n.org
Mon Jun 14 20:49:56 CEST 2004

I haven't been following the list that much lately, I only play around
with the mplayer source annually ;), so forgive me if I've missed
something vital, I tried searching the archives.

Two years ago I implemented support for Real codecs for Mac OS X
using shared libraries, and a year later (after regaining interest
in the Real codecs and correcting a silly bug), I posted a patch for
CVS 20030721, see
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-July/019805.html.
The patch was never applied though, since Alex Beregszaszi said he was
planning to rework the entire Real-codec support.

Anyhow, it's now almost a year later, and as far as I can tell the
Real codec interface is still the same, and still no Mac OS X support.
What I'm wondering is basically if I should bother creating and
testing a new set of patches for the current CVS, or will they too
will be rejected?  (I'd like to know beforehand since it probably
requires some work, I think Real has made some changes on Mac OS X.)

Please let me know what you think.

Donnie Smith