[MPlayer-dev-eng] Announce of Movieconvert

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Jun 14 17:21:30 CEST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 17:43, nix.wie.weg at gmx.de wrote:

> >>or why is -ofps not a lavc or xvid
> >>option
> >
> >Because lavc and xvid can't alter nor convert framerates.
>
> Even worse, in which case can you then alter frames?

What do you mean?

Conceptually, think of xvid and lavc as being unable to alter or change
frames.

When you do -ovc copy, you request that no re-encoding should take
place, that instead of processing and encoding the frames, they should
be taken from the original source stream.

>  Is it a filter?

Sort of. It's part of the A/V sync based on my very vague understanding
of it... You can however control manually where in the chain the frames
get duplicated or dropped, by inserting softskip or harddup into your
filterchain...

> >Would you use the same separator for separating both unique filters,
> > and separating the options to the filters? How would you know where
> > the filter-specific options ended, and a new filter started?
>
> No I dont want the same, I want one for dividing suboptions and the
> same for dividing filters and another one for dividing filteroptions
> and the same for subsuboptions (if ever something like this should be
> implemented)

Oh right, so you want:

-vf filter:filter2=suboption,suboption

instead of