[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: will there be further development for matroxg450 cards?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 18:31:22 CEST 2004

> > a question to the developers regarding matrox g450 support:
> >
> > i've had enourmous trouble trying to get a matrox g450 to display video
on
> > the tv-out and found it actually not to be supported. tv-out worked via
> > matroxfb but with ugly effects probably from lack of proper buffering (i
got
> > nasty "cuts" in the middle of the picture, looked like the next frame
was
> > overlapping..), so i found it to be unusable.
>
> The situation is no different with the g400. You have to use -vo mga,
> not fbdev, and that means you have to put the primary head on the
> tvout and the secondary junk one on the monitor. Or you can just
> mirror the same (primary) to both heads and forget about the horrible
> unaccelerated "fb1".

after a few days of researching the topic i figured, that only the g400 has
proper tv-out support and that there is no way to get around the
unaccelerated fb1 with the 450. i'd be happy if you'd correct me on this one
;)

what i actually read was that matrox had once given out specs for the g400
and so tv-out became possible with that card, but the g450 works a bit
different internally and matrox all of a sudden refused to help with specs
for that card.

> BTW this belongs on -users, not -dev-eng.

my question was about further development so i want to ask the developers
not the users.