[MPlayer-dev-eng] ./configure options to disable architecture and processor specific optimisations

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jun 1 21:40:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

>> Okay, I'll admit that I'm far from familiar with the possible variants
>> on optimization, but... does --enable-runtime-cpudetection not do what
>> you want?
>
> I do not think so, with --enable-runtime-cpudetection mplayer is
> compiled with optimisations for cpu i686 and architecture i486.
>
> I would like to compile with no arch specific or cpu specific
> optimisations.
>
> Is there any way I can override the CFLAGS without hacking the configure
> file please?  As I could  then just override it with some non arch/cpu
> specific flags.

You should mention what you want achieve with this... I mean you
certainly don't intend to run MPlayer on an 8086...
btw.: the compiler will always optimize for some CPU, so specifying
-mcpu or -mtune makes only the difference whether you tell it for which
one to optimize or you simply hope it has a sane default...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger