[MPlayer-dev-eng] ./configure options to disable architecture and processor specific optimisations

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Tue Jun 1 04:11:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

> Okay, I'll admit that I'm far from familiar with the possible variants
> on optimization, but... does --enable-runtime-cpudetection not do what
> you want?

I do not think so, with --enable-runtime-cpudetection mplayer is
compiled with optimisations for cpu i686 and architecture i486.

I would like to compile with no arch specific or cpu specific optimisations.

Is there any way I can override the CFLAGS without hacking the configure
file please?  As I could  then just override it with some non arch/cpu
specific flags.

Kind regards

JG