[MPlayer-dev-eng] Failed to open frameno.avi: text revision suggested

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Sat Jul 31 13:46:00 CEST 2004

Hi Vladimir,

> mencoder.c, line 437. The 'File not found' and 'Failed to open' are
> glibc error messages, generated by perror (3) call. You can't change them,
> but can print some description after those messages.
>
> Probably actual message is printed by strerror (3) call somewhere in
> libmpdemux. Find exact line and add mp_msg(MY_COOL_MESSAGE) after it.

Ok, thank you for your direction.  I have added an explanation as an else
clause which will be displayed if frameno.avi is not opened.

I attach a patch for review/inclusion to clarify this frameno.avi issue.

2004-07-32  Jonathan R. Grant < jg at jguk . org>
	* mencoder.c: Display "The missing frameno.avi file is not an
	error unless this is a three pass mencode." when frameno.avi cannot be
	opened.

Kind regards

JG