[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Announce] encode2mpeg v0.2.0: a tool to create VCD/SVCD/DVD/DIVX

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Fri Jul 30 01:12:41 CEST 2004

Announcing encode2mpeg 0.2.0.

I'm developing the program with the final objective to include
it in the TOOLS directory of MPlayer source. Before doing that
I'm waiting for enough users feedback.
I know that everybody has his own divx encoder script, but if
you use lame/libavcodec audio and mpeg4 libavcodec video my
program should be flexible enough to fit all the needs.
If you are interested please have a look and send me your comments.

It would help to be listed in the MPlayer "related projects" page too.

>From the README:

This program
is able to convert any kind of video that MPlayer can play in
a format suitable for VCD/SVCD/DVD, plus it can create DivX avi.

Here is a short list of his capabilities:
VCD:
 - constant or variable mpeg1 video bit rate
 - mp2 or mp3 audio track
 - custom quantization matrices
SVCD:
 - mp2,mp3,ac3,lpcm multiple audio track
 - custom quantization matrices
DVD:
 - mp2,mp3,ac3,lpcm multiple audio track
 - custom quantization matrices
DivX:
 - fast 1/2 pass mode
 - high compression 2 pass mode
 - high quality 2 pass mode
 - mp2,mp3,ac3,pcm single audio track
 - mp3,ac3 multiple audio track
 - copy of audio and/or video stream from the source
 - custom lame/libavcodec options
 - predictable avi file size
 - automatic scaling
 - vobsub extraction (from a dvd source)

This program has evolved from another one called mencvcd.
I kept all the features and many options of mencvcd and I added many more.
Here is a list of the main differences:
 - a/v sync for every kind of mpeg stream and input source
 - support for DVD compliant output stream
 - support for DIVX AVI
 - support for more then one audio stream (SVCD/DVD/AVI)
 - support for custom quantization matrices (thanks to mjpegtools 1.6.2)
 - support for VCD/MPEG1 variable bit rate
 - support for AC3 and LPCM audio
 - extraction of vobsub subtitles
 - nice log file that tells you what is going on
 - capability to pass any exotic option to all the tools

Please test it and report any problem or suggestion to:
	encode2mpeg at katamail dot com
or the MPlayer-users mailing list.

Program download:
	http://spazioinwind.libero.it/encode2mpeg/encode2mpeg.xml
The link works at least with mozilla and opera. If it doesn't work for you use:
	http://spazioinwind.libero.it/encode2mpeg/

Have a look at the README for more information.
Any feedback is welcome.

Giacomo Comes