[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bug in libmpdemux/cache2.c

attila attila at pai.kinali.ch
Sun Jul 18 08:01:06 CEST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 02:34:01PM +0000, Craig Shelley wrote:
> I think there may be a bug in libmpdemux/cache2.c as of MPlayer-1.0pre3
> When cache is enabled, the cache fill thread remains after mplayer has
> been closed by the window manager. Using escape/q to quit works fine.

Sounds like the signal to kill the cache process was forgotten
in the handle of the quit signal from the x server resp wm.
Could someone who understands that code please check this and
fix it. Thanks.

(btw, i assume this is gui related, as mplayer doesnt honor
quit msgs from x11 at all)

> >From the signal(2) manual page:
> NOTES
>        The effects of this call in a multi-threaded process are
> unspecified.

I really wonder why so many people assume that mplayer is
multithreaded.

			Attila Kinali