[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer developers question

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.kernel.2004 at gmx.net
Sat Jul 17 11:55:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

16:47 : Join to #mplayerdev was synced in 1 secs
16:48 < carldani> hi
16:52 < carldani> sorry to disturb you. Since MPlayer is a shining example
of a collaborative effort to produce great software, I'd like to post a
questionaire about developer motivation to the mplayer-dev-eng list.
16:54 < carldani> (university project about developer motivation, no
company involved). Is mailing such a questionaire to mplayer-dev-eng
permitted or should I rather go away?
16:55 <@DonDiego> carldani: do it

For an university seminar (Computer Science and its impact on society) I
have to conduct a survey about the motivation of F/OSS developers and I'd
like to ask you MPlayer hackers hackers to fill out the small form at
http://foss.ta-altensteig.de/

We do not collect any personal data (unless you want to leave it) and we
will not sell the data we gather to anyone, but you are offered to view
the results once we finish the survey (in about a week).
If you think some of the questions are asked the wrong way, feel free to
use the comment fields on the form (even if not directly related to the
question) or mail me. All comment fields will be evaluated manually to
make sure we don't miss the finer aspects of your opinion.

It won't take longer than 5 minutes (tested it myself) and maybe this
survey will motivate some people to donate to their favourite project...

Thank you very much!
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger