[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Mplayer 1.0 pre5 ppc/altivec issues

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Thu Jul 15 20:21:50 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 15:12, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thursday 15 July 2004 09:58, Magnus Damm wrote:
> > I'm unable to compile pre5 too. My PPC box runs Linux.
> > Adding a "#include <altivec.h> in "swscale_internal.h" helped a bit,
> > but more fixes are needed for "yuv2rgb_altivec.c".
> > I'm using a gcc from FSF.
> does reversal of the attached patches fix the issue? they should have never
> been applied anyway, but alex and diego repeatedly asked me to apply them so
> i did

Well, yes, the attached patches solves the problem. Thank you. But it
all depends on what you want to do. I mean, yes, it successfully
disables the altivec code. But maybe it is a good thing to have altivec
acceleration? I rather see FSF-gcc support in the code. We can at least
find a solution where it is enabled for Darwin and disabled otherwise.

I added the file "libavcodec/ppc/gcc_fixes.h" to solve things like this.
But it is probably not a good idea to include that one from code under
"postproc/"...

lu, are you working on FSF-gcc support in "yuv2rgb_altivec.c"?

/ magnus