[MPlayer-dev-eng] bugzilla states

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jul 14 11:45:44 CEST 2004

Jan Knutar writes:

> > http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/bug_status.html
>
> I think "Verified" is very confusing and non-intuitive in this definition.
>
> If verified is to be used as "Someone checked the fix and it's ok",
> couldn't it be named something different?
>
> Intuitively to me, "VERIFIED" has the oposite meaning of "UNCONFIRMED",
> and would be the next natural step in the bug's lifecycle from unconfirmed.

The opposite of UNCONFIRMED is confirmed, plain and simple.  It's just
a matter of getting used to the semantics of the different words in
the Bugzilla context.  If somebody acknowledges that a bug is real it
is CONFIRMED, if somebody checks a resolution and agrees, then the
resolution is VERIFIED.

Diego