[MPlayer-dev-eng] Indentation changes in patches

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Mon Jul 12 14:28:07 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:54:05PM +0200, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> My personal opinion on this is that the reindention you described is ok
> as long as it does not reindent big parts of the code. 10-15 lines or so might
> be ok. In cvs howto this limit seems to be 5 lines
>
> <Quote>
>  NOTE: If you had to put if(){ .. } over a large (> 5 lines) chunk of code,
>  do NOT change the indentation of the inner part (move it right)!
> </Quote>

The 5 lines limit seems a bit too low to me, too.
If these are really lot's of lines, say over 15 maybe then it shouldn't
be indented. But i think it isn't the best solution.
If the indented code in the is the same as before it could be
easily recognized by the reviewers...
And otherwise if you make it in two changes both have to be reverted
anyway. So it is easier to revert only the one patch that contained
both but therefore a little more work while reviewing the patch.
I think it isn't good at least for us humans to make it separate.

> Sascha
  Alex (beastd)