[MPlayer-dev-eng] Ignoring errors on CDROMs

Anuradha Ratnaweera anuradha at linux.lk
Wed Jan 28 07:12:34 CET 2004

Hi all,

Please ignore this if this has already been discussed before.

Short version: is it possible to ignore errors when reading VCDs / DVDs?

Long version:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here is a very common dialogue at second hand VCD/DVD shops:

Shop owner: "Are you going to play this on the VCD player or on the
computer?"

Customer: "On the computer, why?"

Shop owner: "Hmmm, let me see.  There are some scratches, so I doubt if
this would work on a computer.  Howerver, it works well on a `player'".

I know that setting file_readahead on /proc/.../settings helps, but
isn't there anything more that can be done in order to make mplayer
behave similar to the hardware players?

	Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/