[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Windows GUI MPlayer name change

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 26 00:11:57 CET 2004

Quoting Sascha Sommer (saschasommer at freenet.de):
> Creating pipes, reading/writting from/to stdin etc. doesn't work that well
> on windows :(

I may be talking out my ass here, but would it be possible to generalise
mplayer's slave mode to use different IPC methods? So on Unix it could
continue to use pipes, while on Windows it could use DCOM or whatever.

I like the idea of having multiple GUIs. Some people like free-floating
control panels, while others like them firmly glued to the bottom of the video
window. Some people want windows in strange shapes, while others don't want to
see curves without alpha blending.

Anyway, however it is achieved, I really appreciate people's work on the
Windows version. Even a popup menu would be a godsend!

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England