[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Slave mode

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Jan 25 15:12:27 CET 2004

Hi Manu Abraham,

on Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:31:17 +0400 you wrote:

> 	I tried that, but what i meant is once the video starts playing
> 	how do i pass
> commands to stdin if it is mplayer -stdin filename ?
You can send your file via pipe to mplayer or control mplayer using
a pipe. The -input file=/path/to/pipe will do the later.
The advantage of using a pipe to control mplayer is that you can
start the control prog later. I often use echo to control mplayer :)

	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.