[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: --enable-svga

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Jan 20 16:16:34 CET 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:34:44AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Huh? What if I have some programs that only support output via svgalib
> (or for which svgalib is optimal)? Then I would need to have it
> installed for them, but I obviously wouldn't want to use such a
> horribly ill-suited (to movie players) video system for MPlayer.

Then don't type -vo svga, or configure with --disable-svga.
Neither is much trouble.

If you build MPlayer once, you only type configure once.
If you build MPlayer often, like most of the developers, then
your common options are probably in a shell script.  (Or am I
the only one?)

Isn't this a non-issue yet?

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."