[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage

Shan sweber at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Jan 20 12:37:23 CET 2004

Hi Romain Dolbeau on 01/20/2004 09:57:36 Zulu the following was relayed:

> Wrong, both SDL and VLC include QuickTime headers, and they
> both call functions defined in those headers (OK, maybe
> the plural is overkill). Functions that are implemented in
> the QuickTime library (in the Framework).

With LibSDL I was referring to the OS9 video support doesn't use
quicktime it's all done via quickdraw (which quicktime was built upon).
  With VLC the references to quicktime for video out seem to be gone
from the current version on CVS.  Either that or they are so well
buried in the project I can't find them!

 From everything I seen that Quartz can do, it makes me miss 2D
rendering speed my machine had under QuickDraw.  In short screw the
cute UI effects like drop shadow windows, animated window minimizes!
The only other choice I have under OSX is X11 which is a windowing
environment modelled on Windoze, ugh!

Beginning to hate using a modern GUI,
Shan