[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Mon Jan 19 15:02:11 CET 2004

Hi,

> > No, MPlayer has no vo for macosx, but an ao. And imho SDL uses some
> > direct
> > Quartz code for vo.
>
> You need Quarts for basi 2D (windows, menu, that kind of stuff),
> but YUV rendering use QuickTime. Yes, it is through the SDL
> at the moment.
So it links with it everytime, also one solution would be to port
libdha, so one could use vidix :)) That's really weird.

I hope this whole GPL vs proprietary tools case could be fixed with G2.

> > I plan to write a native vo once I get time and working development
> > environment under osx.
>
> Great news ! I haven't much time (and as you may have noticed,
> the little I have I waste on nitpicking :-), I'll try to
> give a hand, if only by testing on my boxes...
Also don't except it for G1, only for G2 or Gx (where x >= 2) :)

For testing it would be nice to check it under G3 and G5, as I need to
sell my G3 box, and I've never had a G5 :)

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)