Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage (Modifié par Jérôme Cornet)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 08:11:04 CET 2004

Jérôme Cornet wrote:

> Le 14 janv. 2004, à 15:57, D Richard Felker III a écrit :
>
>> is the entire program -- everything linked, including dynamically.
>> If your derived work contains QuickTime (even if you are
>> distributing that separately or telling users to get it from Apple)
>
> Once again, the derivative work does the not contain QuickTime at any
> stage of the process. I am not telling users to get it from Apple.
> QuickTime is a library needed by the component to run, the same way
> System32.dll is a needed library to run Windows' version of Emacs.

If your program needs QuickTime to run, and you do not provide QuickTime
yourself, then you are implicitly telling the prospective user to get it
from somewhere else.

Also, as I currently see it, if your program needs QuickTime to run,
then *when your program is running* it contains QuickTime. Whether or
not QuickTime is required at any other stage of the process is
irrelevant.

I disclaim again that I know far less than I would like about any aspect
of this, and am largely talking out of (or was that "through"?) my hat.

--
       The Wanderer