[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage (Modifié par Jérôme Cornet)

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 14 06:17:59 CET 2004

Quoting D Richard Felker III (dalias at aerifal.cx):
> Not at all. Someone is perfectly free to make a plugin for a
> proprietary system out of GPL code for their own private use, but the
> GPL does not give them permission to distribute this derived work
> since it is linked (even dynamically) to proprietary code.

You missed my point. *When he distributes it* it's not linked against
QuickTime. It may later be linked when a user runs it, but the linked version
is never distributed. To prevent this would require a restriction on use,
which the GPL v2 doesn't do.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England