[MPlayer-dev-eng] writing a 'screenshot' function

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Jan 5 00:13:03 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 09:14:43PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> For some driver it's even not possible to get
> the current picture. And i also dont see a clean way to do it.
> The only thing i can think of is a video filter that catches
> a picture when a key is pressed, tough as Rich already said,
> you can only get the picture that is shown _after_ the keypress.

Is that really a big problem?  I mean, if you need an exact frame, then
using MPlayer to get it during playback is dumb anyhow.  Even if you
can get the frame shown at the same time as your keypress, you can't
press the key at the same time as the frame you see.  :)

I say the filter method sounds like a good idea.  It's inexact, but good
enough to keep.

--Joey

--
"Living in the complex world of the future is somewhat
like having bees live in your head.  But, there they are."