[MPlayer-dev-eng] nvidia_vid YV12 - some progress

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Jan 4 15:39:33 CET 2004

> Allright, I poked around a bit using mplayer -vo directx under '98 and
> a modified version of Sascha's test to read out the card registers
> while mplayer was running. Specific values in the following refer to
> the playback of an 320x240 MPEG1 test stream.

I think you won't need mplayer. The test programm calls the directx
functions themselves. It doesn't create a window, though.
Btw. what about the  NV_PVIDEO_LUMINANCE and NV_PVIDEO_CHROMINANCE
registers? Do they change?

> Does anybody happen to know of a tool to dump the GeForces complete
> memory? Then I could hunt around for where and how the color planes
> are stored.

you can do this with
fwrite(info->video_base,info->chip.fbsize,1,fp);
Btw. you can find nv10 registers in
http://rivatv.sourceforge.net/stuff/rules.tar.gz

Sascha