[MPlayer-dev-eng] nvidia_vid YV12 support

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Jan 1 21:59:37 CET 2004

> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:33:05PM +0100, Joachim Breuer wrote:
> > That would be very much appreciated. Do you also happen to know a
> > DirectX test app which requests an FB of format <whatever> (YV12 in
> > our case) and displays something in that? Just to be sure that the
> > application (WMP?!) really asked for YV12, and did not do some "oh,
> > this looks like nVidia, I'll better request some other format and use
> > some other renderer" magic.
>
> hack a bit at vo_directx!
> You can actually write a little driver to run a hacked vo_directx.
> Just make it's functions non-static, then call them directly from your
> main.  I've done some brute testing like this before.

You won't believe but I have even uglier code than vo directx ;)
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~faust3/nvidia_dump.zip
It is some register dumper hacked together from vo_directx and nvidia_vid
sources.
I used it a lot to get nvidia_vid working. I updated the code today to the
latest
version of nvidia_vid and added support for cards >NV03.
run it with test.exe YV12 yv12.frame  to display a yv12 frame and the
register values
during the various directx calls. Don't take it serious it was never meant
to be
published. Nevertheless it is working fine on windows98 and if anyone finds
it usefull for video driver development I will try my best to clean up the
code.

Sascha