[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo gives trouble

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Feb 27 21:17:23 CET 2004

Hi,
it seems most vos (at least x11, xv, directx, gl, gl2) are mostly to
completely broken with the fixed-vo flag.
I will try to fix gl and gl2 (patch already sent for gl2).
In case somebody has the time and interest to look into it, these are
the commands I used to test (replace movie.mpg by something suitable;)
), press the keys '>', '<', 'f' wildly and see if you get what you expect:

mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -fs movie.mpg -fs
mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -fs movie.mpg -nofs
mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -nofs movie.mpg -fs
mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -fs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -fs
mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -fs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -nofs
mplayer -nofixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -nofs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -fs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -fs movie.mpg -fs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -fs movie.mpg -nofs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -nofs movie.mpg -fs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -fs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -fs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -fs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -nofs
mplayer -fixed-vo movie.mpg -aspect 0.3 -nofs movie.mpg -aspect 2 -fs

And don't forget to set vo to whatever you want to test (e.g. in the
config file)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger