[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_quartz & ontop

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Feb 26 21:29:55 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 07:18:32AM -0500, Nicolas Plourde wrote:
> Hi, I was about to had ontop support to my quartz module, I just not
> sure how to implement it.
> Anyone can point me to the documentation on how mplayer support this
> and example implementation
> from other module.

Here, look at the 1.23->1.24 revision of vo_directx.c:
 http://mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libvo/vo_directx.c.diff?r1=1.23&r2=1.24
This is the first vo for which this code was written.

Here's a simpler example in the 1.38->1.39 revision of vo_gl2.c:
 http://mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libvo/vo_gl2.c.diff?r1=1.38&r2=1.39
And the accompanying code additions to x11_common.c 1.159->1.160:
 http://mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libvo/x11_common.c.diff?r1=1.159&r2=1.160

Really all you do is:
extern int vo_ontop;
Check for this variable and use it to decide whether the window
must be on top.  Implement VOCTRL_ONTOP to handle toggling this
state.  In your VOCTRL_ONTOP code, you must change vo_ontop's
value yourself.  The core will not do it for you.  When you are
done setting the window ontop (or vice-versa) return VO_TRUE;

I hope that's helpful.

--Joey

--
All philosophy is naive.