[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release schedule

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Feb 21 01:22:10 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 12:52:20AM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> [2004-02-20 12:35:57 +0100]:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:55:47 +0100
> > Enrico Weigelt <weigelt at metux.de> wrote:
> >
> > > BTW: could you send some machine readable release notifications ?
> > > (perhaps could also be done by some script ...)
> >
> > No, too much work to addapt your format.
>
> Is there anything other which contains the information I require
> and is machine readable ?
>
> <snip>
> > Err... you could easily do that yourself by scanning the announce ml
> > and/or parsing the contents of the /MPlayer/releases directory of one
> > of the mirrors. Shouldnt be more than 200 loc in perl
> Yes, but I thought there's perhaps an easier waya.
>

> <snip>
> > BTW: could you strip your SPAM sig to the recommended 4 lines ?
> man perl

I vote we kick Enrico off the list. Spamming it with junk that wastes
space in the archives and our own mail folders (and then telling us to
code perl mess to strip it) is incredibly rude and arrogant, just like
trying to design a media api to impose on us, and a config/release
announcement/etc. system to impose on us as well!!

Rich