[MPlayer-dev-eng] WrlDmt configure , was:--enable-svga

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Fri Feb 20 19:45:09 CET 2004

Hi, sorry for the very long delay,
I think that you may try to convince mplayer developers.
For me your expleinetions looks like plan for world domination
and i'm sure they'll like it (world domination i meen).
I recomend you to take a look of the mplayer-g2-dev (there is CVS now)
and make small example - to ilustrate all cases (4 if i understood
right). You should also explain why your method is better that our
current configure and why it will splash autoconf like a fly ;).
Try asking about Arpi opinion. Gabucino is flame warrior (as you may
have noticed:)

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive

Enrico Weigelt said:
> * Ivan Kalvachev <ivan at cacad.com> [2004-01-02 00:15:52 +0200]:

[snip]

>> J/K. maybe they are too lazy to fix broken configure autodetection?
> If we can agree on a consistent build system, I'll do this job.
>
> But I dont want to invest time in things which just will be refused
> by some fundamentalists ...

The world needs something better and easier that autoconf, you may
succeed even if mplayer core team reject it ...
If you are able to make and a new build system ...(dreams)...