[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_sdl flags patch

John Philip phip at spymac.com
Fri Feb 13 08:55:32 CET 2004

Hello, I was browsing mplayer's SDL video-out code, and noticed the
flags were incorrect.

First, It was using the flag SDL_HWACCEL, which is not legal to be
passed to SDL_SetVideoMode() -- SDL_HWACCEL is a read-only flag set by
SDL in the 'flags' field of an SDL_Surface structure. (ref:
http://sdldoc.csn.ul.ie/sdlsurface.php )

Second, it was using the flag SDL_ASYNCBLIT, which "Enables the use of
asynchronous updates of the display surface. This will usually slow
down blitting on single CPU machines, but may provide a speed increase
on SMP systems." (ref: http://sdldoc.csn.ul.ie/sdlsetvideomode.php )